Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Philly showing some love

Well don't I feel like a dork (& a lazy one at that).

Jeff from No Ma'am, this IS my job asked for more info on how to help out in the effort to the Katrina evacuees who are being relocated to Philly. I'd posted links to Project Brotherly Love, but being kinda lazy I figured I'd just email Tulin who always seems to know the important stuff (and is trying to organize a benefit concert). Tulin gave me the dirt on donations being accepted at The Salvation Army in Manayunk @ 4555 Pechin Street They are accepting donations of clothing, furniture, and other household items from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The number is (215) 483-3340. He(and now, I feel like an ass)She also emailed me this link to extremely informative info on Livejournal.

Shortly after emailing the info out, I thought I'd add the link to Karl's post on the subject at Philly Future and realized I missed an update on Project: Brotherly Love at Rowhouse Logic.

Speaking of Karl, he's been shedding some light on what it's like when all you have is your dignity and stability & security are just a distant dream. These posts are not easy for him, but necessary for those of us who didn't have it as bad as we'd thought or didn't have it bad at all.

Tags: ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: