Sunday, May 29, 2005

A brief respite

"Yet even then, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not reject them or spurn them so as to destroy them, annulling My covenant with them, for I the Eternal am their G-d. I will remember in their favor the covenant with the ancients, whom I freed from the land of Egypt in the sight of the nations to be their G-d: I the Eternal" (Leviticus 26: 44-45)
While I wasn't able to attend shul on Friday (it was Saint Petersburg's birthday with the opening of the bridges and I had to leave for the airport for a 6:55 am flight Saturday morning), I did get a quick peek at the Synagogue which was restored with funding by Edmond & Lily Safra. It's a very Sephardic/Moorish temple with some very intricate wood-work.



The front entrance


view of the sanctuary from the gallery


I took this shot to show the intricacy of the work along the border of the gallery

Of course, I had to check out the Kosher Market as well



Tags: ; ;

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: