Sarah Palin has a problem with a larger country invading a smaller country (if that smaller country is considered "Democratic") and thinks that smaller (unstable) country, Georgia, should be invited into NATO and that the US should go to war to protect them.
We have a puppet in Georgia, his name is Mikheil Saakashvili. According to the Russians, the US has helped finance the militarization of Georgia. Now, granted, the Russians are not the most reliable of sources but the US government does have a history of a philosophy is that the enemy of our enemy is our friend - remember when Saddam Hussein was our friend and ally? South Ossetia's desire to be independent of Georgia be damned - we have a game to play and we're prepared for the small people to take the consequences so we can try to control other countries via the puppetmasters we install/support.
McCain-Palin has decided that Russia is solely at fault and the only agressor, so like our invasion of Iraq, the Republicans are willing to further destabilize an unstable region by considering yet another war.
- 07Aug08 - Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili ordered a cease-fire; fighting intensified
- 08Aug08 - Georgia launched a military offensive, in violation of a 1992 ceasefire, crossed a security zoned to surround & capture Tskhinvali
- 09Aug08 - Russia got pissed and sunk a Georgian missle boat
- 12Aug08 - Russian President Dmitry Medvedev agreed to a 6-point peace plan brokered by
Carla Bruni's husbandNicolas Sarkozy - both sides were to sign the agreement 17Aug08
- 15Aug08 - the shit hit the fan as Russia dropped cluster bombs on civilian areas of Georgia
- 1Sep08 - Georgia admits they too have used cluster bombs against their enemy
For more info on cluster bombs go to Survivor Corps
Tags: McShame Sarah Palin politics conservatism Russia Georgia South Ossetia cluster bombsSphere: Related Content