Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Synagogue to help Gibson understand why he doesn't like us

The Mel Gibson "I don't really hate Jews, but I do hold them responsible for everything that ails the world" brouhahaha has actually managed to become increasingly bizarre over the day. Mad Max now admits he made the nasty comments attributed to him after being pulled over for a DUI last week and is so wracked with psychic pain, he's asked for the Jewish community to help him recover from whatever it is that makes him not like the non-Gentile community so much
"I am in the process of understanding where those vicious words came from during that drunken display, and I am asking the Jewish community, whom I have personally offended, to help me on my journey through recovery," the statement continued.

"Again, I am reaching out to the Jewish community for its help. I know there will be many in that community who will want nothing to do with me, and that would be understandable. But I pray that that door is not forever closed."" [CNN]
According to TMZ.com (run by yet another one of those trouble-making Yids), Herr Gibson has been offered a chance to be a keynote speaker at High Holy Day services on Yom Kippur at the Temple of the Arts. Should Mel really want to gain a better understanding of himself and what's eating at him, maybe he should spend some time focusing on the life of his saviour and the religion to which Jesus subscribed instead of the pre-destined death necessary to spawn Christianity, and learn from (?acknowledge?) all the politics and bullshit mankind has used to attack, torture and murder others in the name of G-d and religion.

I fully expect to hear Gibson is spending the month leading up to the Jewish High Holy Days reciting Selichot before awing us with what I'm sure will be a very public (and fear will be a disengenuous) act of contrition.


tags: ; ; ;

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: