Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A drunk mind speaks a sober heart

Mel Gibson's Hebe-hatin' rant seems to be the celebrity gossip equivalent to herpes (aka: the gift that keeps giving). Today, the Australian Herald Sun's own Bryan Patterson chimed in with a cadre of quotes that may lead one to think that Gibson's post exposure apologies have been spoken with a sober mind, but forked tongue.
Interviewed by Reader's Digest a couple of years ago, the actor said he thought the Holocaust had happened, but that the numbers might have been exaggerated.

"I mean, when the war was over they said it was 12 million. Then it was six. Now it's four. I mean, it's that kind of numbers game."

He went on to say his father was very intelligent "and if he says something he has a reason why he says it and he can back it up."
As for those who think Gibson's tirade has no bearing on his blockbuster movie The Passion of the Christ Pogrom, claiming there was no reason to be concerned the film was intended to vilify those Saviour Spurning Christ-Killers, Patterson revives this sweet sentiment
In an interview when The Passion of The Christ was released, he was reported as saying: "My dad taught me my faith, and I believe what he taught me. The man never lied to me in his life." Gibson was asked about his decision to cut the scene in the Passion where the Jewish leader, Caiaphas, says "his blood be on us and on our children".

This was soon after Pontius Pilate washed his hands of Jesus.

Gibson said: "I wanted it in . . . but, man, if I included that in there, they'd be coming after me at my house. They'd come to kill me."
No, Meldoesn't hate Jews, he just doesn't really approve of them - especially when they have the audicity to disagree with (or arrest) him.

Meanwhile, back in Gawker-Land, it appears as though there may be some concern that a few too many Jews have graduated from Law School for the comfort of the Melibu DA office.



Tags: ; ;

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: