Thursday, February 07, 2008

Mitt's sleazy surrender

So Mitt bowed out the Republican way, by insinuating that the Democrats and anyone who would vote for a Democrat in the generals is supporting terrorism [emphasis added]:
"In this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror. This is not an easy decision. I hate to lose," the former Massachusetts governor said.

"If this were only about me, I'd go on. But it's never been only about me. I entered this race because I love America, and because I love America, in this time of war I feel I have to now stand aside for our party and for our country." [CNN]
followed by
"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror," Romney told the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington. [AP]
Now the only remaining and, ostensibly, viable Republican candidates are the Huckster who, not too long ago, was widely considered one heckuva long-shot, and John McCain.

I have to be honest that, from a rational standpoint, I don't understand Freeper
Disdain for McCain™. While, in the past, McCain has [sorta] worked across party lines, he is a fiscal conservative, supports DOMA and state bans on gay marriage, has now become a bona fide war monger and firm supporter of the current administration king.


Tags: ; ; ; ; ;

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: