Monday, April 10, 2006

Bush keeps one promise

King George actually kept a promise. He said he'd get to the bottom of the Plamegate leak debacle and he finally did. Of course, he was at the bottom of the WH plumbing problem - admitting he declassified information for political gain

"I thought it was important for people to get a better sense of what I was saying in my speeches," Bush said, answering a question from an audience member at Johns Hopkins University's School of Advanced International Studies in Washington. "And I felt I could do so without jeopardizing ongoing intelligence matters."

Bush said he had authorized the release of the documents because some Americans questioned his reasons for going to war.

"So I wanted people to see the truth," he said. "And I thought it made sense for people to see the truth." [CNN]

Well, we see the truth all right. He continued to push discredited information about the Niger Uranium sale, went out of his way to try to discredit and get revenge against a critic by outing his wife's status in the CIA and continued to lie about it for the past few years. Of course, none of that compares to lying about a blowjob - does it.


Tags:; ; ; ; ; ;; ; ; ;

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: